SGC Breakfast Briefing on "Innovation in Food & Nutrition for Asian consumers - A Singapore Perspective" - A SGC Healthcare Committee Initiative
About the Breakfast Briefing:
The food and nutrition industry remains one of the fastest growing industries in the world, with projected revenue growth of about 4.7% between 2011 to 2016. R&D is a key enabler to propel growth in this industry, where Singapore is well-positioned to drive innovation to address the complex challenges presented by the Asian food industry. Such challenges include the need for robust food safety systems and science-based validation of food health claims, and meeting the needs and preferences of the growing Asian middle-class consumer. Singapore’s integrated end-to-end innovation ecosystem and regional and international collaborations allow for effective engagement with the food industry to achieve pleasurable and healthy outcomes for the Asian consumer. As part of Singapore’s innovation ecosystem, A*STAR has research capabilities ranging from Asian nutrition science to engineering sciences and data analytics, which could pave the way for new innovations in food safety and personalised nutrition.
About the Speaker:
Ralph Graichen is currently Director, Food and Nutrition, Biomedical
Research Council (BMRC) of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research
(A*STAR), Singapore. Ralph has over 12 years of experience in the local and global biomedical
and nutrition industry. He was previously Research Operations Manager for
Abbott Nutrition(AN) in Asia, establishing the R&D infrastructure and
managing the research portfolio for Asia. Prior to joining AN, Ralph was
Research Director for ES Cell International, the first organization to provide
clinical grade embryonic stem cell lines to the world’s research community (now
a subsidiary of Bio Time Inc). Preceding ES Cell Ralph was part of the regional
business development team at Roche Diagnostics Asia Pacific.
- Please note that registration starts at 7.45am
- Please be notified that pictures will be taken during the event
for publications on our website, newsletters and printed publications.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation, do so at least two (2) working days in advance. NO SHOWS will be charged the full amount. Cancellation on the day of the event will also be charged.
- Venue was changed to "Orchard Hotel Singapore, Juniper Room (Level 2), 442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879". Orig#109808 2015-08-13 02:44:11
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM SGT
- Orchard Hotel Singapore, Juniper Room (Level 2), 442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879
SGC Members (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $50.00 Member of BritCham, DutchCham or FCCS (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $50.00 Guests (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $79.00 Member of BritCham, DutchCham or FCCS (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $50.00
- Venue Address
- 442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879 Singapore